Sheshunoff and A.S. Pratt Webinar: Fair Lending Enforcement is on the Rise: Will You Be Prepared for Your Next Exam?
- October 27, 2010
Jonice Gray Tucker and Lori Sommerfield presented a Sheshunoff webinar, "Fair Lending Enforcement is on the Rise: Will You Be Prepared for Your Next Exam?", on October 27, 2010.
Ms. Tucker and Ms. Sommerfield reviewed key developments in the traditional fair lending arena, as well as matters related to “fair servicing,” a new area of regulatory focus. The speakers discussed recent fair lending settlements and consent decrees, and provide useful risk mitigation recommendations. Specific learning points included:
- Current fair lending enforcement activity and recent settlements
- Use of proxies for race and ethnicity in statistics-based discriminatory lending prosecutions
- The new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s role in enforcing federal fair lending laws
- The DOJ’s Fair Lending Task Force and its enforcement agenda
- Multi-agency fair lending enforcement initiatives
- State Attorneys General involvement in enforcing fair lending laws and the rise of “fair servicing” enforcement as fair lending concerns migrate to loan servicing, modifications, and foreclosure
- Fair lending litigation developments
- Practical strategies to mitigate fair lending risk, including best practices risk management programs and examination preparedness