Anti-Money Laundering & Bank Secrecy Act
BuckleySandler offers a world-class Anti-Money Laundering and Bank Secrecy Act practice with extensive experience in both enforcement defense and compliance counseling.
Relevant experience includes:
- One of our members is the founding Director of the Enforcement Division at the Department of the Treasury’s Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), responsible for managing all of the OCC’s AML enforcement activity.
- Extensive involvement in the development of the U.S. statutory and regulatory regime addressing anti-money laundering. Lawyers now with BuckleySandler participated in drafting Title III of the PATRIOT Act and have provided testimony to Congress about AML/BSA issues.
- Represented AmSouth in a major AML/Bank Secrecy Act enforcement action involving the Department of Justice, Federal Reserve, Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) and a state banking agency, resulting in a deferred prosecution agreement, cease-and-desist order, $40 million forfeiture and $10 million penalty.
- Representing witnesses providing testimony before Congress on AML/BSA topics.
- Acting as delegate to the Financial Action Task Force of the G-7 Summit, involving frequent interactions with INTERPOL.
- Serving as in-house legal director for a major regional bank, managing AML and all other compliance and litigation matters.