BuckleySandler represents many of the nation’s leading financial services companies in class actions around the country. Our attorneys have served as lead defense counsel in more than 100 federal and state court class and mass actions nationwide, representing banks, insurers, mortgage lenders and servicers, credit card companies, auto lenders and other financial services companies.
BuckleySandler provides efficient and effective representation in class action matters by leveraging the knowledge, abilities, and experience of our financial services litigation and regulatory attorneys to formulate comprehensive defense strategies. We have significant experience handling all phases of class action defense, including claims analysis, early case assessment, choice of forum, removal, dispositive motions, Class Action Fairness Act matters, oppositions to class certification and, of course, trials and appeals. We also recognize the importance of early identification of an optimal exit strategy and in many cases, we are able to obtain a timely and favorable negotiated resolution of disputes on behalf of our clients. Where litigation is the best option, BuckleySandler has some of the most experienced financial services class action trial and appellate counsel in the country with a reputation for fierce client advocacy.
BuckleySandler regularly defends clients in cases involving allegations of:
- Breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duties
- Unfair competition and deceptive trade acts and practices
- Fair lending
- Other claimed violations of regulations and laws governing their business activities
Our attorneys have vast experience representing clients in matters involving:
- UDAP statutes
- Fair Housing Act (FHA)
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA) and Regulation B
- Civil Rights Act of 1866
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA)
- Truth in Lending Act (TILA)
- Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act (HOEPA)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Community Reinvestment Act (CRA)
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA)
- Homeowners Protection Act
- Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA)
- Fair Debt Collections Practices Act
- State and local fair and anti-predatory lending laws and regulations
Additionally, BuckleySandler frequently handles complex parallel proceedings involving concurrent government enforcement and civil litigation, congressional investigations, and/or multiple class actions.