Foreign Corrupt Practices Act & Anti-Corruption
BuckleySandler’s FCPA/Anti-Corruption practice offers the full range of FCPA and anti-corruption-related representation, including the development of compliance programs designed to prevent and detect potential FCPA violations, daily counseling support on complex compliance questions, and international internal investigations and enforcement defense.
Recent projects include:
- Representing an individual under indictment on FCPA charges
- Representing multiple individuals in separate FCPA and U.K. Serious Fraud Office investigations
- Representing corporate and individual clients in enforcement actions involving the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Coordinating response to international enforcement actions subsequent to U.S. enforcement actions
- Developing globally-applicable anti-corruption policies and procedures, incorporating the requirements of the U.S. FCPA, the U.K. Bribery Act and numerous additional jurisdictions
- Evaluating and revising pre-existing policies and procedures to bring our clients in line with current best practices, including the development of audit and compliance testing protocols
- Conducting due diligence of potential agents, consultants and joint venture partners, and developing documents designed to protect our clients when engaging such third parties in high-risk jurisdictions
- Counseling clients on corruption risks related to mergers and acquisitions, including the development and execution of due diligence targeted at corruption risks
- Representing clients in the following industry sectors: financial services (fund management, hedge funds, insurance, investment banking, retail banking), pharmaceutical, oil and gas, petrochemical, technology, retail food service, heavy manufacturing, logistics, real estate, energy and power generation
- Representing clients on matters touching China, India, Indonesia, Vietnam, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Nigeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Mexico, Nicaragua, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina, Turkey, Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan
Attorneys in this practice are active writers and speakers on FCPA and anti-corruption topics and have recently appeared at conferences and seminars in Shanghai, Hong Kong, London, Houston, New York, Chicago and Washington, D.C.