John C. Redding
- p. 310.424.3916
- f. 310.424.3961
John C. Redding is a partner in the firm’s Los Angeles and Orange County offices, and brings more than 20 years of experience working with and for financial services companies to his practice. Mr. Redding assists banks, consumer lenders, and other financial services industry participants in addressing legal and business challenges in an efficient and business friendly manner. Before returning to private practice, Mr. Redding served as general counsel and associate general counsel to several companies where he ran in-house legal operations, engaged in corporate restructuring projects, and managed large-scale litigation. As Associate General Counsel for Accredited Home Lenders, Inc., Encore Capital Group and Midland Credit Management, Inc., Mr. Redding oversaw regulatory, compliance, loan origination, servicing, and debt collection matters. At BuckleySandler, Mr. Redding applies his broad understanding of in-house legal and business objectives to form close working relationships with clients and has a reputation for providing practical solutions to complex challenges.
Mr. Redding regularly advises banks, auto finance companies, mortgage originators and servicers, and debt purchasers and collectors on regulatory and compliance matters involving the Dodd-Frank Act and CFPB, Federal Trade Commission, and other state and federal regulators. A significant portion of Mr. Redding’s practice is devoted to assisting clients with navigating the regulatory and compliance requirements needed to launch new lines of business or enter geographic markets, acquiring financial services companies or business lines, and ensuring compliance with evolving vendor management and default servicing operations.
Mr. Redding’s recent representative matters include:
- Assisting multiple indirect auto lenders in conducting fair and responsible lending reviews;
- Advising private equity firms on the startup of, and performing regulatory due diligence regarding the acquisition of, consumer financial services companies in the indirect auto, mortgage and medical finance industries;
- Advising bank and non-bank financial institutions, including indirect auto lenders, in preparing for CFPB examinations;
- Working with consumer finance lenders and servicers across multiple industries to design or strengthen vendor management programs, systematize third party due diligence processes and mitigate service provider risks associated with outsourcing of collections, loss mitigation and servicing operations;
- Providing regulatory analyses regarding application of state and federal laws to issues involving indirect auto lending, residential mortgage lending and servicing, and consumer debt collection.
Mr. Redding is a member of the American Bar Association’s Committee on Consumer Financial Services. Mr. Redding received his J.D. from Southwestern University School of Law in 1990, his MBA from San Diego State University in 2000, and his B.S. from Marquette University in 1985.
InfoBytes Blog Spotlight Series, May 22, 2012
InfoBytes Blog Spotlight Series, May 15, 2012
InfoBytes Blog Spotlight Series, May 8, 2012
Knowledge & Insights
In The News
December 11, 2012
Law360, September 27, 2012
March 28, 2011
Speaking Engagements & Events
June 13, 2013
April 8, 2013
March 12, 2013
January 6, 2013
April 30, 2012
April 24, 2012