Stephen M. LeBlanc
- p. 202.461.2985
- f. 202.349.8080
Stephen M. LeBlanc is Counsel in the Washington, DC, office of BuckleySandler LLP. Mr. LeBlanc represents financial services industry clients in a wide range of litigation matters, including class actions and complex civil litigation, as well as in government enforcement matters and internal investigations. Mr. LeBlanc’s recent representations include:
- Defending mortgage servicers and lender-placed insurance providers in numerous putative class actions regarding lender-placed insurance practices
- Defending a pharmaceutical CFO in putative securities class action
- Representing a bank board committee in an internal investigation into whistleblower allegations
- Representing a major mortgage industry client and its Board of Directors regarding an enforcement action by federal banking regulators and numerous state Attorney General investigations
- CFPB investigations and enforcement matters
Prior to joining BuckleySandler, Mr. LeBlanc clerked for the Honorable Kenneth A. Marra in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida. Before his clerkship, he was a litigation associate for an Am Law 100 firm where he represented clients in government antitrust actions, white-collar matters, and federal appeals.
Mr. LeBlanc received his J.D. from American University (cum laude) in 2008. During law school, he served as Editor-in-Chief of the American University Law Review. Mr. LeBlanc received his B.S. from Northeastern University in 2004.
Defending a pharmaceutical CFO in SEC investigation and putative securities class action
Representing QBE Holdings, Inc., QBE Insurance Corporation, QBE FIRST Insurance Agency, Inc., Balboa Insurance Company, Meritplan Insurance Company, and Newport Management Corporation in a putative na... MORE
Representing Sterling National Insurance Agency and QBE Specialty Insurance Company in a putative nationwide class action concerning lender placed insurance.
Confidential representation of the board committee of a regional bank in an internal investigation into whistleblower allegations.
Represented QBE Americas Inc. in a putative nationwide class action concerning lender placed insurance. Case was dismissed as to QBE Americas Inc.
Representing QBE Insurance Corporation and QBE FIRST insurance Agency, Inc. in a putative nationwide class action concerning lender placed insurance.
Bloomberg BNA, May 2, 2016
The Review of Banking & Financial Services, March 1, 2016
Law360, February 3, 2015
Law360, November 17, 2014
Thomson Reuters Accelus, August 21, 2012
Westlaw Journal, January 30, 2012
In The News
May 12, 2016
January 6, 2016
April 24, 2015
April 28, 2014
Awards & Recognition
Super Lawyers 2016 Rising Star: Civil Litigation: Defense
- Super Lawyers 2015 Rising Star: Civil Litigation: Defense
- Super Lawyers 2014 Rising Star: Civil Litigation