- p. 202.461.2947
- f. 202.349.8080
Veena Viswanatha is Counsel in the Washington, DC, office of BuckleySandler LLP. Ms. Viswanatha represents corporate and individual clients in white collar and enforcement matters, and in related litigation. She has experience representing clients before the DOJ, the SEC and the FTC, and in federal and state courts around the country.
Noteworthy work includes:
- Representing Universal Entertainment Corp., a large Japanese gaming machine manufacturer, its subsidiary, Aruze USA, Inc., and CEO in FCPA-related litigation brought by Wynn Resorts Ltd., and in related parallel domestic and foreign enforcement actions. The case involves one of the first examples of a private party alleging FCPA violations as a method to gain the upper hand in a battle for corporate control
- Represented the Navajo Nation in a landmark lawsuit alleging that the U.S. had breached its historical fiduciary obligations by failing to manage, invest and account for tribal trust funds and resources under the custody and control of the U.S. in a manner that would maximize the financial return from those assets. The firm secured $554 million settlement on behalf of its client, the largest settlement obtained in any action by a single Native American tribe against the U.S.
- Represented senior executive of a pharmaceutical company in SEC investigation regarding novel securities fraud and disclosure issues
- Represented senior executive of a beverage company in SEC investigation regarding FCPA issues
Prior to joining BuckleySandler, Ms. Viswanatha was an associate at Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP, where her practice focused on enforcement matters.
Ms. Viswanatha received her J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School in 2009 (cum laude). During law school, she interned for the Honorable Jerome Simandle in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. She also served as an Articles Editor for the University of Pennsylvania Law Review, and as an Arthur Littleton and H. Clayton Louderback Legal Writing Instructor. Ms. Viswanatha received her B.A. from Rutgers College in 2003 (magna cum laude).
The firm is representing Universal Entertainment Corp. (“UEC”), a large Japanese gaming manufacturer, and Aruze USA, Inc., in litigation brought by Wynn Resorts Ltd. in Nevada state court,... MORE
Bloomberg BNA, September 30, 2016
Business Crimes Bulletin, September 1, 2016
Criminal Justice, August 14, 2015
In The News
Awards & Recognition
- Lawyers of Color 2014 Hot List